Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Scott's 39th Birthday

Scott is not big on parties for his birthday but I wanted to celebrate it in someway.  We had done an escape room back in January with the girls and Scott's parents and it was a lot of fun.  I thought it would be fun to do a harder one with friends.  I invited several of our friends including Jen Lynn and Larry, Mike and Kim, and Amy and Clay.  Everyone came except Mike who had a basketball obligation that day.  I chose The Deadwood Saloon for our escape room, the description read, " Back in the 1800's my uncle Cyrus was known to have mined a bunch of gold.  However he disappeared one day and he or his gold was never seen again since.  He was known to frequent the Deadwood Saloon and we have just gained access.  But, the building is about to be torn down.  Can you discover where he hid his fortune in time?"

This escape room was rated 8.5 out of 10 for difficulty.  I wasn't sure if we would be able to figure it all out in time but it turns out we had a great group and everyone worked together or sometimes by themselves to figure out the puzzles.  We ended up getting out with 7 minutes to spare which we were told was very good.  For that room only 10% of groups get out on their first try.  We were excited and proud of our group.  We then went to eat at 521 which is a local chicken/burger place, it sure isn't healthy but it is delicious.  I think Scott had a good birthday and I'm glad we did something fun to remember it. 

Of course we also celebrated with the kids at home.  My parents had watched the kids for us so we could go out on Saturday for the escape room.  We invited them back on Sunday his actual birthday for dinner and cake.  It was another good day and he even got a nap!




No comments:

Post a Comment